I’ve been trying to setup Pydio Cells v2.0.0 for a few hours now, and ~8 droplets later, it seems to not go my way.
I’ve had a myriad of issues, mostly I am unable to get it correctly set-up with a domain & SSL.
If I don’t use a domain and no TLS, I can access my site fine, until I restart it, then it stops working.
If I use a domain with Let’sEncrypt, I am stuck at an SSL error when trying to complete the setup via the Browser.
It is also worth noting that I did not use Lets Encrypt, or the Browser setup. I used certs generated from GoDaddy and the cli-based setup. I also was setup in AWS and had to make sure that my /etc/hosts file had the “External URL” pointed to the localhost IP.
Not sure if that information will help you, but I hope it does. This is a pretty cool software once you figure out how to get it working.
Sadly it still comes out to: “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”
with Let’sEncrypt, 0.0.0.0:443 and CLI Setup on DigitalOcean.
If you have time at some point I’d love to jump on a Skype call and see if we can set it up, AWS is fine w/ me, I’d just like it setup to be honest.
I’ll then write an article or something about it, if that’s alright w/ you?
5b) mysql -u root -p
5c) > CREATE USER 'pydio'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '<your-password-here>';
5d) > CREATE DATABASE cells;
5e) > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON cells.* to 'pydio'@'localhost';
5f) > FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Can you try to use the LE Staging CA URL (the Do you want to use Let's Encrypt staging entrypoint? question during install) ? If it works, this will probably confirm the domain is banned (for a week…)
If it is confirmed, see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
It creates a .pydio in the bucket correctly, but whenever I try to upload something via the UI, I get a cannot run action actions.images.thumbnails: personal/username/image.jpeg: The specified bucket does not exist:
Which I don’t understand, as Pydio has just placed a .pydio file in the bucket.
I had to adjust the /etc/hosts file as well in one of my cells server test setups (lxc container on proxmox). But then I realized that the server couldn’t resolve my domain. After setting a dns server manually, everything worked without having to change the /etc/hosts file.