[SOLVED]Pydio public link - JSON error / trying to change public link

Hey guys,
I am trying to setup a 7.0 install and tried changing the public share link (Ubuntu 16). Everything seems to be working fine until i try changing the public link from /public/ to /fs/
I started off by doing the following

1. Changed /public to /fs in the pydio admin settings

After the above step, when i create a public link it does seem to replace the public/ to fs/ in the public url but i get a JSON error when i click that link.
Then based on this forum inputs i did the following.

1. Changed the data/public folder to data/public.bak (And also tried /data/fs)
  2. Changed the hard-coded public/ to /fs/ in plugins/action.share/res/minisite.php
  3. Removed the three .ser files inside the cache folder

Now when i click the link (domain/eshare/fs/X1234G) … the pydio page opens up but it stays on the welcome to pydio popup and loads forever.
In the console i see an error as below
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
domain/eshare/public/?&minisite_session=X1234G&&get_action=get_xml_registry&ws_id=0.1234565788765&secure_token=uejhbrf76t43hrfei3487hrfejn30b
NOTE: i still see the public/ in the url which i had changed in the minisite.php file. Not sure if this is being cached somewhere else or if i have to do any further steps to make this work.

Could anyone help with this plz.
All i need it to replace the public/ to fs/ in the public url…
I tried the git discussions and on the forums here but i still cant seem to find a good solution for this.

NOTE:

• My base url is : domain/eshare/
  • I have not made any changes inside the htaccess file

Thanks
R

Hi,
could you tell me if it’s a fresh install or one that you already had ?

Hi,

• In Pydio root/.htaccess, please make sure that RewriteBase /eshare

• do not create data/fs folder, you should remove/rename fs folder

• make sure apache2 rewrite module is enabled (sudo a2enmod rewrite)

• clear cache data/cache/plugins_*

Do not change this file

Also make sure SErver URL is : http://domain.com/eshare

Hi Zayn/c12simple

Yes the install is a fresh one.

RewriteBase /eshare : Yes (Was like this)
remove/rename fs folder : Yes, i had tried it this way too
sudo a2enmod rewrite : verified and active
clear cache data/cache/plugins_* : Performed this … and after this it now seems to be giving a full 404 page not found :slight_smile:
Changed the hard-coded public/ : I’ve reverted this
Server URL is : http://domain.com/eshare : Yes (Was like this).

NOTE: i have checked my apache logs but i couldnt find any error there either.

Again, the link generates fine … with domain/eshare/fs/XXXXX
but clicking it gets me a 404 page not found.
The requested URL /eshare/fs/ca2d94 was not found on this server.

Thanks
RR

Hi Folks,

My previous response was flagged here, not sure why… Though i would request : I am new to the community so if i have posted something not in accordance with the rules here I apologize.

Very close to resolving this!
by the way i have created a public link (on my public server) so if anyone would like to login and check or Teamviewer into it i would be more than happy.

After i change the link and do all the steps i now to get the pydio page with the updated ( fs/) link.
But in the console i see this
XHR failed loading: GET "domain/eshare/public/?&minisite_session=XXXXX
NOTE: the URL in the browser shows domaincom/eshare/fs BUT the link in the console still shows domain/eshare/public … i.e. the new link is not reflecting in the XHR request.

I have cleared the cache all over again but this link in the console stays persistent.

Another point to note is that when i pick that link from the console and replace the public/ with fs/ it loads up an xml file correctly.
Which means if i am able to alter that XHR request then it should be working fine.

My Apache logs show the following error (Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue):
Got error ‘PHP message: RuntimeException thrown within the exception handler!\nPHP message:
Original exception was: Unable to emit response; headers already sent in /var/www/html/eshare/core/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/Response/SapiEmitter.php on line 31\n
PHP message: New exception is: Unable to emit response; headers already sent in /var/www/html/eshare/core/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/Response/SapiEmitter.php on line 31
#0 /var/www/html/eshare/core/src/pydio/Core/Http/Middleware/SapiMiddleware.php(143): Zend\Diactoros\Response\SapiEmitter->emit(Object(Zend\Diactoros\Response))\n
#1 /var/www/html/eshare/core/src/pydio/Core/Http/Server.php(247): Pydio\Core\Http\Middleware\SapiMiddleware->emitResponse(Object(Zend\Diactoros\ServerRequest), Object(Zend\Diactoros\Response))\n
#2 /var/www/html/eshare/core/src/pydio/Core/Http/Server.php(269): Pydio\Core\Http\Server->catchError(0, ‘Unable to emit …’, ‘/var/www/html/o…’, 31, Object(RuntimeException))\n
#3 [internal function]: Pydio\Core\Http\Server->catchException(Object(RuntimeException))\n#4 {main}\n’, referer: domain/eshare/settings/config/core (I stripped the domain out since was unable to post with it)

Can anyone guide me on this please.

thanks
r

Guys,
Finally the error has been solved so am sharing here what worked for me.

So pydio 7.0.0 has the public link hardcoded in two places.

1. plugins/gui.ajax/RichClient.php : line 473
  2. plugins/action.share/res/minisite.php : line 19
    Change the hardcoded “public/” to any value you wish
    Then change/add the same value in the admin settings under Pydio main options -> Public base URI.

Then clear cache (There will be 6 files under the data/cache folder starting with the name plugin_) delete all those 6 files.

Upload a file and create a new sharing link and it should work well now with the new link

Thanks
r