Send email to all people in same folder if something has uploaded something not working

Hello forum

This is my first entry and I hope I do everything correctly.

I want to send an email to everyone in a workspace when someone uploads a file/folder into it. I heard that this was working in earlier versions but in pydio 8.2.2 I can’t get it running.

What I have done so far: I tried with the plugin PHPMailer-lite but I want to send my mails from my own SMTP address. So I looked into it and found the plugin phpmailer-smtp on Github (https://github.com/squarou/pydio-mailer.phpmailer-smtp) and configured everything from my SMTP address. In the “People”-Settings it says on every user in the “Per-workspace parameter”-settings it says that they should get notifications by email every 5 min. In my opinion this means that they get a notification if something’s changed in that workspace. Am I right with this?
Anyway, it didn’t work. The script is never running (testet it with a file_put_contents in the script). In the database there are no emails in the ajxp_mail_sent table and I received no errors in the PHP logs or the logs in the database.
Also I set the debug parameters AJXP_CLIENT_DEBUG and AJXP_SERVER_DEBUG in the config file bootstrap_context.php to true. Where can I find the output?

I’m running pydio on a plesk server (centos), pydio version 8.2.2

“Help me Obi Wan, you are my only hope.”

Hi,
when you enable the debug mod,
you can either find the stack on the web browser console(AJXP_SERVER_DEBUG).

For the automation of the mailing process you can use for instance the scheduler (if you have configured the mailer and it works ) then create a cron job choose which workspace you wish to have the feature on and you should be good to go.

mmm to do that you just need each user to put a watch on a file/folder and if they have enabled the mail notification (assuming that your mailer works) they will get notified on the activites on it.