Issues with resynchronization and changes made outside of Pydio Cells UI

I sometimes get the below error when scheduling a resync of datasources. When it occurs, it’s always in a nested folder (well, so far) and I get an error log for almost every file in the folder.

This has been happening for me on 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 on two different re-installs of Ubuntu 16.04, with two different file downloads. I can still see the files in the frontend, sftp, etc and can download them just fine.

Error logs, reoccurring on every resync, cronjob, or Cells restart for the specific files affected:

Ts : 1560651001
Level : info
Logger : pydio.grpc.data.sync.personal
Msg : map[MissingLeft:01 MissingRight:0]SpanUuid : span-23

Ts : 1560650402
Level : error
Logger : pydio.grpc.data.sync.personal
Msg : Error while deleting node - {"id":"pydio.grpc.data.index.personal","code":404,"detail"
:"Could not retrieve node /user/Downloads/ubuntu-alt/ubuntu-18.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso","status":"Not Found"}
SpanUuid : span-2

When this happens, it also shows that the folder size is double than it actually is when viewing it via the frontend.

My setup:

When a file download outside of Pydio Cells is complete, it’s moved from a tmp folder to ~/.config/pydio/cells/data/personal/user/Downloads. I’ve setup a cronjob every 10m to check for filesystem changes, since Cells only does this on startup.

Cronjob:

*/10 * * * * /home/user/.pydio/cells-ctl data sync --service=pydio.grpc.data.sync.personal

Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Hello,
Interesting case. Just to understand, do you know the actual status of those files at the time of the resync : were they already there and unchanged, or are they new files added on the filesystem in-between?
Charles

Not sure if this answers your question, but since the resync is so frequent it’s hard to tell if the files were moved to the datasource while a resync was in progress. When a file has downloaded successfully it’s moved from /tmp using mv -u to the Pydio Cells datasource, this happens automatically.