Setup security certificate on Pydio Cells running on Windows Server 2019?

Hello everyone,

I am new to Pydio Cells so please have some patience with me :blush:, I literally got Pydio up and running yesterday. I went with using it on my Windows Server mostly because I am just much more experienced with Windows Operating Systems and have had bad luck trying to set up other self-hosted cloud storage (Owncloud and Nextcloud) on Linux, I always seemed to hit snag after snag. I know that my ASUS router is encrypted with a Letā€™s Encrypt certificate and donā€™t know if that encrypts my Pydio Cells or not. I just know my Pydio Cells uses a self-signed certificate and shows ā€œnot secureā€ unlike my router WAN access. Is there a way to get a Letā€™s Encrypt or a different free/paid certificate on Pydio Cells using Windows so it accepts the connection as secure when accessing it on WAN? Or can I do it through the cells console in the browser? I am afraid I would break something if I google it or wing it so I will wait for the pros here to give me hand :smiley:! Any advice or help is much appreciated!

Thank You,

guy

Hi @guy,
Not very clear if you have a proxy in front of your Cells instance.
But basically you can use cells configure sites to change the TLS configuration of Cells web-facing endpoint. Here you can choose Letā€™s Encrypt, assuming you do have a proper domain name that points to the Cells instance.
-c

No proxy has been setup. Not sure how to have my domain name point towards the cells instance? Is there a step by step that explains how to do that? Is that related to using IIS manager perhaps?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.