No active repository found for user & no workspace to list

Hello everybody!

This is the first time I’ve opened a topic here and I am having problems accessing my account. The error “No active repository found for user” appears when I try to access it through the browser and the app shows the information “no workspace to list” and says that either the server is inaccessible or I have lost my permissions, which must be the case, as I tried to access this forum with the login and password that I access my account and both have errors. The prints I took were this one and this one. I would like to know how I can get access back, as I didn’t do anything more than send work files to it. I look forward to your help and thank you very much to the team.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The screenshots you provided are from the Android Application, so I change the category you have set.

That said, we (the Pydio Team) are software editor, we only provide the software, not the hosted service.
So from what you say, it seems like the admin of your server removed your permissions on all workspaces of the server you are trying to access. You should contact them directly.

Regards

Hello!

Thank you for the answer. I will do whatever is necessary and inform the feedback here.

Thank you very much to the team!

Hello everybody.

I sent my access problem to the email that appears in the application more than 45 days ago and so far they have not responded to me. I don’t know what to do to regain access, unfortunately. Is this delay in responding to user questions and problems normal?

Thank you for your attention.

Hi Renato,

As we already said here and in the answer at the mail you sent at android_at_pydio.com, we “only” are the editors of the software, both for the server and the Android application. We are not providing the service and thus cannot help you.

Let me try to explain this with a small example.

• Let imagine a school “John Doe School” in Hoboken, NJ.
  • The teachers of this school need a document system for their students:
    • Each teacher has access to a few folder, one for each of her classes where she can upload the learning material and the test subjects
    • Each student can only access the learning material of her own class and can upload her work for the test in one folder, without the other student being able to see them

The school IT department has identified Pydio Cells has a fitting product to do this (it is indeed for such use cases).

They download the software and install it on the server of the school and configure it without paying anything to Pydio - because Pydio Cells is Free and Open Source Software.

At Pydio, we don’t even know that John Doe’s School exists ( “There are really schools in New Jersey ??” :smile_cat: :rofl: - pun intended )

In such a scenario, it is someone from the school who then:

• creates the necessary folders,
  • creates the accounts for both students and teachers
  • assigns permissions

Let’s say that one of the teachers retires and is replaced by a new professor Alice Smith, fresh out of the university.

When arriving to school for the first day, who do you think Alice must call to get access to her folder for her classes:

• The Pydio Support
  • The IT department of the John Doe School ??

PostScriptum: the www address of the server you are trying to connect to is usually a good hint to know who to contact, for instance in our example, the URL of the server might be e.g. https://files.johndoe-nj.edu

If it is not clear, another question, what is the URL of the server you are trying to reach ?

And BTW, I have answered to the mail you sent to android_at_pydio.com with same message.

Do you have a free Quotaless account?
If you have a paid account, you can get support in the client area at Submit Ticket - Quotaless