I’m just getting started with Pydio Cells, and it looks exactly like what I want. I am installing on Docker swarm with services for Traefik, MariaDB, and Cells.
Everything seems to start ok, but it’s a bit of a painful process, and I’m wondering if there’s something I’m missing. If this is too long, I apologize: my main questions are at the bottom.
Here’s my current process:
- I make a configuration change in my
cells-compose.yml(e.g. add a volume I want to share)
- I run
docker stack deploy -c cells-compose.yml cells
- I then visit my external domain,
- It walks me through the installer (every time, even if I did this last time I made a config change)
- It then dumps me on the login page which hangs because of cross-domain errors
- I then use Portainer to connect to the Cells container (/bin/sh)
- I use
vi /root/.config/pydio/cells/pydio.json, and change
From there, I can log in, and everything works as I’d expect (apart from NFS shares, but I’ll post a separate question about that).
If it helps, my Docker compose file,
version: '3.7' services: cells: image: pydio/cells:latest volumes: - cells-static:/root/.config/pydio/cells/static/pydio - cells-data:/root/.config/pydio/cells/data - cells-nas-media:/home/media/nfs/video environment: CELLS_BIND: '0.0.0.0:8080' CELLS_EXTERNAL: 'cells:8080' CELLS_NO_SSL: '1' networks: - webgateway deploy: labels: traefik.enable: 'true' traefik.backend: 'cells' traefik.docker.network: 'webgateway' traefik.frontend.passHostHeader: 'true' traefik.frontend.rule: 'Host:files.example.com' traefik.port: '8080' networks: webgateway: external: true volumes: cells-static: cells-data: cells-nas-media: driver: nfs driver_opts: share: gromit:/raid0/data/_NAS_NFS_Exports_/files
So my questions are:
- Why do I get forced through the install process every time I do
docker stack deploy, even though when I finally get logged into the front-end, everything else seems to be as I left it?
- Is there any way I can avoid editing
Thanks for any insight!