Folder/file context menu shows up at bottom of page (dev HEAD)

Hi,

in current dev HEAD (master branch) the context menu no longer shows up close to the item or position right clicked but at the bottom of the page with a width of 100%. Is this by intention?

Screenshot%20at%202019-02-04%2018-51-55

Also the icons indicating if a folder of file being shared or watched disappeared. Now, to find out if a folder is being shared or watched one will have to open the menu and open the Share dialog (of Watch menu).

I see the same context menu behavior in the current release version too.

Hi Geoff,

this is what it looks like in my 1.2.5 test installation and what it (I guess) should look like in dev as well:

Screenshot%20at%202019-02-04%2020-06-58

Context menu show up where expected, share and watch icons show up as well and there are additional menu items above the listing.

Weird; in my 1.2.5 installation I get:

Hi,
what is your resolution and browser please,
i would like to reproduce the issue.

Hi zayn,

I have tested dev with multiple browsers

• Chrome 72.0.3626.81 (Linux 64-bit)
  • Firefox 65.0 (Linux 64-bit)
  • Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (Linux 64-bit)
  • IE 11.345.17134.0 (Windows 10 64-bit)
  • Edge (Windows 10 64-bit)
  • Firefox 65 32-bit (Windows 10 64-bit)

I can test with others (Browser and OS) too if needed.

Screen resolution is 1600x900 (but resizing the browser window will not cause any change). What would be the expected behaviour in 1.2.5 (and dev?) - I guess what it looks like in my 1.2.5 installation ?

Hi zayn,

did some more testing with different browser/OS combinations (updated the list in my previous post) - the results are the same. With cells 1.2.5 (official build) the context menu shows up where right clicked but on dev (current HEAD) it will always show up at the bottom of the page.

Hi,
i think that your browser is using the mobile layout,

2 screenshots using a tablet or mobile,

the menu below is for touch screens usage.

And this is the no touchscreen layout

that you should be getting,

I will keep an eye on that, maybe there is something triggering the mobile interface.

You are right, it’s the Mobile (gui.mobile) plug in causing issues in dev. I just disabled it and after reloading the page the menu appears where it should. So, the question is why the the mobile layout gets chosen in all cases.

Yeah it’s weird that it does that,
i mean for me i did not have the issue but maybe it appears for some cases, i’ll keep an eye on it.