Custom Authentication Integration in Pydio

Hello everyone :sunglasses:,

I am seeking guidance on seamlessly integrating a custom authentication system into our Pydio environment;. Our organization is committed to bolstering security measures, and we believe that implementing multi-factor authentication (MFA) and single sign-on (SSO) is essential to achieving our security objectives.

I have diligently explored Pydio’s documentation and API, but am encountering roadblocks in harmonizing our custom authentication approach with Pydio architecture. I am eager to leverage the collective knowledge of this community to overcome these challenges.

I would appreciate any insights or recommendations on the following;

• Integration Approaches; What are the most effective strategies for integrating a custom authentication system within the Pydio framework? Are there specific considerations or potential pitfalls to be aware of? :thinking:
  • Implementation Best Practices; Has anyone successfully implemented a similar solution? If so, could you share your experiences, guidance, or even code snippets to illuminate the process?:thinking:
  • Available Resources; Are there any tools, plugins, or community-driven resources that could streamline this integration?:thinking:

I came across to this resources/article mysql - Login to self-hosted Pydio Cells impossible on Docker Compose install due to unknown issue mule esb tutorial Stack Overflow Apps Framework, and as per them I need to simplify my queries to reduce their complexity, or wait for the budget to reset before retrying the query​.

Thank you :pray:t2: for your time and expertise. Your contributions will be invaluable as we work to enhance Pydio’s security capabilities.

Hi @alinamorozova

Could you please detail of the reason why you are going to integrate a custom authentication system? What do you have such as user db, authentication server?

I mean, in Pydio Cells, you have already:

• standard Idp which can provide Oauth2/OIDC server
  • Cells can also work as a oidc/saml Service Provider.
  • Cells supports ldap authentication
  • Cells support MFA (with google authenticator & yubikey)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.