Clarification on licensing and LDAP

Hi,

I was using Pydio “PHP-edition” on a 16.04 ubuntu server. I upgraded the server to 18.04 and Pydio was not working anymore. Checking the news, seems that cells now only have LDAP option on enterprise version with a license fee, is that right?
In other words, will I have to pay to use LDAP auth from now on or is there how to deploy cells on my server with LDAP auth without paying?
Sorry for such dumb question, bear with me, please.

Best regards.

Hello,

I clarify here that there are two different pydio: Pydio 8 (php) and Pydio Cells. They are using different technoligies and have different license policy.

Ldap in Pydio 8 (php) is available in both Pydio 8 (PHP) Community and Enterprise.
LDAP authentication is available only on Cells Enterprise.

Thank you very much, had no idea. What’s the roadmap for php version, will it live in the future?

Nice antifeature. Dropping functionality that already existed in the prior version just to monetize it is pretty weak tbh

Funniest part is the product isn’t production ready but they are selling it like it is.

LDAP PHP was a contributed feature… LDAP GO in Cells has been re written by Pydio internal team.
PHP Community has been announced End of Life 31.12.19 for over a year now.
The community version was always intended for home users.
We apologize to big families who need LDAP in their home.

So what would I have to pay to get ONLY LDAP for 100 users for education ? I don’t need anything else from these commercial features.

yes and we have special pricing for Education.

I’ve seen that you have special pricing for education, but what do you mean with yes ? And is there a way to only pay for LDAP ? I’m not sure what you said “yes” to.

sorry. doing 3 things at the same time :wink:
You can contact sales@pydio.com for some informations

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.