I have a cells configuration set up in a load balanced ASG in AWS. The instances use a shared RDS database. We are currently bug fixing and have come across this interesting issue.
- Cells running on two instances with users routed through the load balancer at, lets say, mypydio.com
- User adds metadata value “hotdog” to custom metadata field “my-meta”
- User uses the advanced search and enters “hotd*” in the “my-meta” field
- The file with “my-meta” value “hotdog” will appear in search results - fantastic.
- Issue 1: Should the user be directed to another instance in the ASG - the value of “hotdog” is not available in “my-meta” field until the call /a/user-meta/update is issued by updating another metadata field on the same file.
- Issue 2: When new instances are created in the ASG, the metadata fields are correctly populated, however, the user is not able to use the advanced search to find the file, again, until /a/user-meta/update is issued by updating another metadata field on the same file.
It appears that in both scenarios some form of resync is required.
We have spent a couple of days on this issue and haven’t really got anywhere so any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: Currently using v3.0.9