You must not use 8-bit bytestrings

Hi

I got the following error, both on my Windows and Linux clients using pydio-sync

After settings the base language on the pydio server to da_DK.UTF-8, it disappeared on my Windows clients…

But the Linux Clients keeps failing… seems to have something to do with my danish letter: øæå…

What to do…???

/Martin

13:38:48 ERROR 139763966973696 Thread-2 Unexpected Error: You must not use 8-bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/mj/Programmer/Pydio-new/pydio-agent/pydio-sync/src/pydio/job/continous_merger.py”, line 566, in run
store_conflicts = self.current_store.clean_and_detect_conflicts(self.db_handler)
File “/home/mj/Programmer/Pydio-new/pydio-agent/pydio-sync/src/pydio/job/change_stores.py”, line 536, in clean_and_detect_conflicts
status_handler.update_node_status(path, ‘CONFLICT’, self.sqlite_row_to_dict(row, load_node=True))
File “/home/mj/Programmer/Pydio-new/pydio-agent/pydio-sync/src/pydio/job/localdb.py”, line 317, in update_node_status
conn.execute(“UPDATE ajxp_node_status SET status=?, detail=? WHERE node_id=?”, (status, detail, node_id))
ProgrammingError: You must not use 8-bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings.

Hi,
if i understood your issue you changed the language on your server and on both your sync clients (windows and linux) here.

Hi

After the installation… I got the 8-bit bytestring error on both my Windows and Linux devices, probably because of my language specific characters…

After changing the AJXP_LOCALE to da_DK.UTF-8 in base.conf.php and conf/bootstrap_conf.php on the server, my Windows clients have worked perfectly… (without changing the Windows clients config)…

But for some reason, my Linux Clients still seem to have this problem…

The config you are referring to, is “just” to change the language in the app… not the way the app operates with special characters…

Hi,
ok so the issue could be on the linux client, i will see if i find any kind of solution.

Yeah… I guess so…

As far as I can see, it’s a problem in the sqlite connection/data…

I just haven’t got a clue on how to fix it…

Please tell me if you need any debug info…

Also, it has now been over a year since the code for pydiosync has been updated… has the project/client been abandoned???

Also the released version for Linux has been 1.2.7 for years…

Thanks

Martin

@zayn Any ideas???

Hi,
sorry for the late reply, could you try to test if the error is still happening when by changing your language to english ?

Language is already set to english in the sync client… ??

Hi,
i meant in pydio, but i think it’s a missunderstanding on my part, i thought that your pydio’s language was set to danish.

Edit : but if it only happens on the linux client i will ask the devs to check that

AJXP_LOCALE is set to da_DK.UTF-8 in base.conf.php and conf/bootstrap_conf.php

Before I set that… I got the 8-bit error everytime I used special characters…

Haven’t seen it for a few months on Windows, but still appears in the Linux Client from time to time… Usually I can fix it by either deleting/renaming the file in the webinterface or completely remove the Pydio client configuration and recreate it…

ok, so now that you changed your local to understand characters of the danish language, the linux client is doing it time to time, got it atleast i know where to start.

1 Like