Synology Cloud Sync

Hi
Is it possible to synchronize my Pydio server with my Synology NAS with the Cloud Sync Synology application ?
Thanks
Xavier

1 Like

Hi, is it a way to actually backup the NAS to the cloud? We don’t have a synology-dedicated connector unfortunately.
-c

1 Like

Hi, Yes it would be great to synchronize automatically some files from my synology to the Pydio cloud !
By the way thanks for your response.
Xavier

I know I’m piping in late, but being a proud owner of a new Synology NAS, I’m certainly curious if this could be added as a future feature :slight_smile:

In the meantime, CloudSync can synchronise via WebDAV, so that’s a possibility!

It might also be possible to get Pydio to add a remote folder from the NAS via NFS, and do the synchronisation in the opposite direction.

Finally, it should also be possible to simply rely on rsync to do all the synchronisation chores…

Re-bumping this thread once again!

In theory, the latest versions of Synology’s operating system DSM (7 is currently in beta) are able to connect to any storage that supports the S3 API, so, it ought not to have any issue to connect to Cells — if only Cells’ own implementation of the S3 API wasn’t so ‘unusual’. The first thing that most of these applications try is to ‘list all available buckets’, and, because that functionality is not possible under Cells (there is just one bucket, io), most applications will fail right from the start. This is sadly also the case of Synology’s Cloud Sync application.
@charles you wouldn’t need to develop one connector specifically for Synology (and another for QNAP, and all other NAS out there). It would be more than enough to develop your own S3 API implementation to be a bit closer to the ‘standard’…

Hi,
I’m playing with the code to re-enable the listBuckets request on the “/” endpoint, by detecting the S3 signature in the headers. Could work. But indeed it will always reply /io and /data (which is an alias with more than 3 characters, which is the official s3 spec) : then for an authenticated user, the content of this bucket shows the workspaces/files accessible to the user.
So the question is : with your synology, if you can list the buckets, will you be able to pick a sub-folder inside the bucket, or is it syncing always to a given bucket? Because basically /io is not writeable, but you should connect to e.g. /io/personal-files …
If you see what I mean?
Cheers

1 Like

Sorry about only replying today… I’m doing a few tests. I had no idea that /data was available, too! That should make things more interesting. However, I’m now having to deal with a few authentication issues using a token, it seems that I can login with some applications, but can’t see any files, nor even the workspaces (although cells-client has no problems whatsoever); other apps will not even authenticate at all (with the same token). So I might now have completely different issues… but I’ll give it a try, for sure!