Simplest Pydio Cells Deploy using Portainer/Docker Compose

I’m evaluating a few different solutions for us to use as a digital asset manager. Thus far, I cant’ get Pydio Cells up using Docker Compose as a stack in Portainer.

Specifics of what I want:

• Use the public IP for my server + port as testing access point instead of a domain (the port of 8143 is a random open one that I have chosen, as shown in the snippet below)
  • No SSL needed since it’s just temporary testing for evaluation with sample data
  • Database: No need to deploy a new MariaDB container – I can just add credentials for a clean database run on another container during the installation wizard

What I used that is not working:

version: '3.9'
services:

cells:
    image: pydio/cells:latest
    restart: unless-stopped
    hostname: pydio-cells
    ports: ["8143:80"]
    environment:
      - CELLS_LOG_LEVEL=production
      - CELLS_BIND=0.0.0.0:8143
      - CELLS_EXTERNAL=[I_PUT_MY_PUBLIC_IP_ADDRESS_HERE]:8143
      - CELLS_NO_SSL=1
    volumes:
      - /var/lib/docker/volumes/PydioCells:/data
      - /var/lib/docker/volumes/PydioCells:/cellsdir

volumes:
    data: {}
    cellsdir: {}

I am getting a “Connection Refused” error when I do try to connect. I was first thinking this was an SSL issue since it seems to be pushing me towards SSL even though I attempt to specify that I want this disabled at setup.

Looking at the logs, I am seeing: "Opening URL https://[MY_PUBLIC_IP_ADDRESS_HERE]:8143 in your browser. Please copy/paste it if the browser is not on the same machine.
"

Hi @benfrank and welcome to the forum,

If you expose the service on port 8143 and bind it on port 80 in docker, your cells config should rather be:

- CELLS_BIND=0.0.0.0:80
      - CELLS_EXTERNAL=http://[I_PUT_MY_PUBLIC_IP_ADDRESS_HERE]:8143
      - CELLS_NO_TLS=1
  • CELLS_NO_TLS and not SSL
  • BIND on port 80
  • The external URL must contain the protocol

I have double checked in the docker hub and the documentation is OK.
Could you please tell us where you found your info, so that we can fix the documentation if it is outdated somewhere else? thanks.

Furthermore, mounting your local folder PydioCells in 2 different location in your image seems weird. What are you trying to do?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.