Request: DsFolder Examples

I’ve reviewed the YAML/JSON Installation documentation and searches these forums. I am looking for an example on how to add a set of data sources on initial configuration.

I have the following local filesystem directories:

• /mnt/software
  • /mnt/shared

I would like them to be added as data sources during initial installation. Are there any examples available?

So, you want to define more datasources than the default ones at installation time,
not define an alternative location for the default datasources, am I right ?

If I understood your question correctly, it is not possible out of the box.
Could you provide further details on your use case so that we might suggest a workaround?

If it is not possible to add data sources during installation, the documentation for YAML/JSON Installation needs to be updated.

However, I do see an example of the install-conf.yml file creating an S3 datasource.

I would assume that I could do similar for a local file system folder:

dstype: local
dsname: shared
dsfolder: /mnt/shared

I am just looking for some examples, and if this is possible maybe the documentation could be updated to reflect this.

If it is not possible to add data sources during installation, the documentation for YAML/JSON Installation needs to be updated.

I must admit it might be completed/enriched, but this is yet the up-to-date protobuf file that we still use during installation.
Note that not all parameters are used depending of some others

All parameters regarding datasources in this file are the ones used during installation when you choose the “advanced options”

However, I do see an example of the install-conf.yml file creating an S3 datasource.

In this sample config file, we explicitly rather use S3 datasources for everything instead of the usual local ones.

For the record we have 6 default DS:

• My File and Common Files: the default DSs for the end user
  • version, binary, thumb & cells: the technical datasources that are internally used by the server.

When using the local file you can mainly customise the parent folder for all DSs that is by default /var/cells/data

If you define this param dstype: S3

You must then define:
the main S3 connection:

dss3custom: http://minio:9000
dss3apikey: {$INSTALL_MINIO_ROOT_USER}
dss3apisecret: {$INSTALL_MINIO_ROOT_PASSWORD}

And the bucket name for each of the default 6 DSs.

So I do confirm that you cannot define additional datasources at installation time in addition to the 6 listed above.