Pydio Booster Program

Trying to download Pydio Booster for Linux and they links on the download page do not have extensions,.
So if you click on the Download link for anything other than Windows it will open a file on the browser.

Is it supposed to end with .exe or .zip?

Thanks

Hi,
i advise you to follow this guide you should find everything you need to know about how to use booster.

zayn, thanks for the response but confused, I am not a developer, so some if this is greek to me.

I did go to Booster and perform the steps shown in the guide and created the API Token
I
But no where in the instructions does it say where to place the booster file named pydio
If I place the booster file (which for Linux has no extension) in /pydio/booster

Then when I create the pydioconf.sample and pydiocaddy.sample files where do I place them?
and do I change the name “.sample”? or ???

then it says to run this /path/to/pydiobooster -conf /path/to/pydioconf
I assume that makes it pydio/booster -conf/pydio/booster/pydioconf ???
How do you do that?

Sorry about being a dummy, but most of the instructions just don’t make sense to me.

Hi,
don’t worry i will explain it to you,
the file that you download named pydio is the booster.
Then basically you can place them anywhere you want but for an easy installation and use lets place them in the same folder(of your choice) then you will have to create pydioconf & pydiocaddy the sample files are here as an example, but you should use them if you’re not familiar with this.
Then you have to modify every TOKENS & TOKENP field in caddy and conf to the values that you find in this file <your-pydio>/data/plugins/core.mq/apikey then you change every HOSTNAME fields to yours ( so if it’s localhost or else depends on your setup ).

Then to run it you will have to <where-your-pydio-booster-file-is-located> -conf <where-your-pydioconf-is-located>.

for example i placed everything in my /home/pydio_booster. Then to use it i have to type
/home/pydio_booster/pydio -conf /home/pydio_booster/pydioconf.

I hope that was helpful if you need more details don’t be afraid to ask.

1 Like

Hi,

Thx for this reply.

We will need to type /home/pydio_booster/pydio -conf /home/pydio_booster/pydioconf if the pydio server restart ? or just once and then it start automatically ?

–EDIT :

I have some more questions about booster benefits : https://pydio.com/en/docs/v8/pydio-booster

zero-impact on the main server CPU --> I understand that pydiobooster is for many connexion. from how many users it becomes necessary to use the booster ?

Overcome PHP upload limitations: it mean that i now don’t care of php.ini limitations ? upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, max_execution_time ? My booster is running but when i upload a large file I still get the error message: file size exceeded…

No more need for this complex CRONtab entry to fully use Pydio Scheduler. Booster will handle the “master” trigger for you. --> it mean that i cas disable my crontab */5 * * * * for scheduler_runAll

Booster can also take care of the download of the files, removing the burden on the php server --> this mean that we will have no problème to download larges files ?

Last question : what happen if pydio booster process is down ? it will automatically switch to standard mode without booster ?

thank you in advance for your enlightenment

zayn, I aopreciate your assistance and got it to the part where I run the phrase "/home/pydio_booster/pydio -conf /home/pydio_booster/pydioconf"
I am on a GoDaddy hosted shared server, how the heck do I run that command? I don’t see anything in my hosted toolbox to let me run any commands.

Additional question, is to any of these files have an extension?

Do any of these files have an extension like, js or json

Linux 32bit Booster file is named “pydio” and no extension
pydioconf.sample: or it just pydioconf
pydiocaddy.sample: or is it just pydiocaddy

Thx
Bud

Hi,
to run it you need to either be on SSH or have access to the webserver’s terminal otherwise you cannot use the command. ( i dont really know about go daddy but you should ask them if there’s a way to have access to the webserver’s terminal ).

no there’s no extension to define.

yeah, this one is maybe confusing but you can name it whatever you feel; either pydiconf or pydioconf.sample it doesn’t matter.

Thanks for the help and I recently switched over to hosting with cPanel, so now I have access to SSH and looks as though Cron can map that also.

You have been awesome…