Issue with Pydio Server Installation

Hello

I am facing a issue with my Pydio server setup and need some help. I am running Pydio Cells 2.2.5 on an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS server with Apache 2.4.41, PHP 7.4.3, and MySQL 8.0.19.

The problem arises when I try to upload files larger than 100MB through Pydio — the upload process stalls and eventually times out with an error message saying “Upload failed: connection closed unexpectedly.”

I have already tried increasing PHP’s upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings, as well as tweaking Apache’s timeout settings, but nothing seems to fix the issue. I have checked https://github.com/pydio/pydio-core- tensorflow guide but still need help .

This problem started right after a recent server reboot and Pydio upgrade from version 2.2.0 to 2.2.5. I have checked the server and PHP error logs, but they don’t show anything relevant.

If anyone has tips to troubleshoot further, I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
nolanmaris

Hello,

things are a bit confusing in your post:
You tagged it with “Pydio 8” but talked about Pydio Cells

That is very wrong:

• the v2 branch is not supported anymore since a while now, (you may have security issues)
  • we released version 4.4.3 yesterday
  • In recent Pydio Cells, there are no more PHP involved
  • the error you talked about sounds familiar but have made large transfers much more reliable since the v2 (and there is no way i help you debugging this version :slight_smile: )

So short answer:

• please update to v4.4
  • if you see the error again, please also provide the server log (with a few lines before the error) of when the error happens

Hi bsinou,

Thank you for your prompt response ! I appreciate your clarification regarding Pydio Cells and the recommendation to upgrade to version 4.4.3. I will proceed with the update as soon as possible to ensure compatibility and security.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
nolanmaris

OK, let us know!

For the record, I also update your original post to put the correct category!

Hello,
Can you please explain this more.