Install cells V2 on raspberry pi

Hello, I’m trying to install pydio cells V2 on raspberry pi. When I do “sudo ./cells install” I have an error : ./cells : 9: syntax error: “(” unexpected
Can you help me ?

Hello, which OS do you have on your raspberry ? Which binary do you use ?

Hi Vincent, welcome to the community!

Adding a further question… what specific hardware/CPU is your Raspberry Pi? If you do a quick search around these forums, you’ll see that there are some answers to your question; the correct binary will depend on the kind of ARM architecture that your Raspberry Pi has.

My guess is that you can always try to compile it from the sources, assuming that you have a working Go environment on your Raspberry Pi. A Google search of installing golang on raspberry pi will show you quite a lot of links to learn how to do that. I’d still recommend sticking with a binary distribution, though — it will allow you to auto-update much more easily!

Thank you for tout answers. I m using raspbian bustier lite on model b+. I m trying to install pydio cells from https://pydio.com/en/download and then “cells home linux 64b”. I will try an another binary.

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I wonder if you have managed to run Cells on the Raspberry Pi?

I ask that just because I couldn’t find any ARM build on https://pydio.com/en/download — the ‘Cells Home Linux 64b’ version you refer to is an AMD64 build, i.e for Intel chips — not the ARM CPU that the Raspberry Pi has!

Because I’m not sure about the exact model you’ve got, I tried to look up model b+ — but it seems that all Raspberry Pi generations have a model b+. The question here is which specific architecture is used by your model b+ — earlier boards would use a 32-bit architecture (ARM v6) while the brand-new Raspberry Pi 4 Model B uses a quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit CPU. Is that what you’ve got?

I haven’t found a working Cells ARM v8 binary yet (but I’m actively trying to compile my own!), that’s why I’m interested in your own efforts to get Cells running on a ARM CPU!