Fail loading PDF Files

We’ve just found a third issue that explains the pdfs not opening. It looks like you have mixed NFC / NFD encoded filenames in your system. You should unifying them and convert them to NFC.

Thanks,
G

Hello @ghecquet thanks for your help!!
We are waiting for your recomendations!!!

And again thanks for all your support!!!

I try this, and resync the workspace but didnt work…
convmv -f utf8 -t utf8 --nfc --replace --nosmart --notest -r ./

Is for change the encoding to NFC

I watting for your PM, for see what we can do with the datasource mount point problems…

Thanks again for your help!

Hello,

About the datasource, I answer here so that everybody can also learn from each other mistakes :slight_smile:

In your setup, it appeared that you have 2 Local File System datasources that are pointing toward:

• datasource A: /folder1/subfolder
  • datasource B: /folder1/subfolder/subsubfolder

on the same machine (same peer address)

This does not work: you cannot create nested datasources.
Yet to achieve the same behaviour you can use workspaces. It is, in fact, one of the main reason we split the 2 concepts.

So you might want to:

• create a datasource A that points toward: /folder1/subfolder
  • create a workspace that uses it
  • create a subsubfolder folder in this workspace (quite easy using the interface)
  • create a second workspace that directly points toward: /folder1/subfolder/subsubfolder

And you are good to go.

Please also keep in mind the other constraints you have when creating a datasource at /folder1/subfolder

• folder1 (the parent folder) must have RW permissions for the user that runs Cells
  • the name of the leaf folder (in our example subfolder) must respect S3 bucket naming constraints: The bucket name can be between 3 and 63 characters long, and can contain only lower-case characters, numbers, periods, and dashes.

Please refer to our documentation for more details and in depth understanding.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

1 Like

Hello @bsinou
Thanks for all your help…
I solve the problems of the nested datasources, and with the file encodig i use convmv to reppair it with this command:
convmv -f utf8 -t utf8 --nfc --replace --nosmart --notest -r ./

However the main problem of the PDF files are still on my Cells server…

I change the encoding of the files name to NFC, also i remove de nested datasources and resync all the datasources but i have the same issue…

I try configure a similar server on Debian, but the problem still on it…

What we can do more for solve it???

Thanks for all your help!!!

I don’t found any way to repair it…
Do you recommend me back to Pydio 8?

Hi Tantrum, please understand that this forum is a community help space. We have an option for full time support if you consider becoming a customer. I can refer you to the sales team for more information. There was multiple issues on your system and we’re trying to get to the issue that affects you most with our best efforts. I’ve narrowed the problem to filenames that contain apparent illegal characters your disk space can’t deal with. I’m trying to reproduce that locally but you can use that info to mitigate the issue your side.

Ok, after much investigation I’ve found out that the filenames with comas or parenthesis fail to open because of the apache proxy you’ve setup in front of cells.

Is there any reason why you’ve set up this proxy? I’m not sure it serves any purpose

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

If you need to have your proxy in front for any reason, you need to ensure that the url that goes in the proxy is not modified by the proxy. The S3 protocol uses signature to sign off the requests for a file and therefore a slight change can result in errors.

According to the apache documentation, you need to use the nocanon keyword for the URL to be left untouched by the proxy.

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_proxy.html

so that should be :

ProxyPass / http://...:8080 nocanon

Let me know if that fixes it for you,
Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

Hello!!!
Sorry for all the time what i take for answer this topic!!!

Good news, yes this fix the problem!!!

Thanks again for all your help…

1 Like