Error Missing user in node URL

Hello,
User of Pydio (even when it was named Ajaxplorer), the installation I had on my provider was too old due to bad upgrades, so I decided to perform a brand new fresh install of Pydio 8.0.2 on one a sub-domaine of my domaine on their web server (PHP 7.0 - MySQL6 mariaDB 5.5). My provider is Yulpa.com.

Installation worked fine (no PHP or SQL problem… well done Charles it’s easiest than before :wink: )… but when I started to configure workspaces and users it goes wrong:

When I try to access to the User1’s workspace just create in setting section I get the error:

Missing user in node URL

but

• Root user read/write/delete/create folder on “Common Files” (D on below structure image)
  • Root user read/write/delete/create folder on “My Files” (C on below structure image)

Pydio_structure

I think that it probably due to the structure and may be access problems htaccess? config.php? … or simply the way I fill the path for the workspace (I’ve tried many solutions but to no avail).

The “normal” sub-domain folder (A on the structure image) exist but the DNS point directly to the Pydio folder installation (and it works as I can run Pydio).

The folder containing the workspaces folder should be at the same level that the folder containing pydio installation (B on the structure).

It probably looks as a very basic question for most of you but I’m completly stuck on that. If someone cool could help me with simple words (I’m really bad LOL) before I commit suicide…

Thanks in advance.
Laurent.

Hi there,
it could either be because you didn’t give rights to the webserver or that the path that you gave to the FS driver wasn’t right.
Could you tell what information did you type/use when creating the workspace.

Hi zayn,

Using File System driver (standard) I tried as path::

• /var/www/fichiers/depot3
  • /depot3

(with “Create” checked)

None of them works (no folder created anywhere and get Missing user in node URL error)

It could either be because you didn’t give rights to the webserver or that the path

It’s what I think but as I said, I’m really bad, I don’t know how to do it…
I can remember writing some stuff on .htaccess in previous installations but which .htaccess (meaning at wich level of the structure and what text should I add to the file… (yes I’m very bad lol).

Hi Zayn,

Trying many paths, I found a semi-solution I can write without problem anywhere I want in the /pydio/data/ folder using as path for the workspace:

• AJXP_DATA_PATH/fichiers/depot3

It create a workspace in a folder:
/var/www/pydio/data/fichiers/depot3

Seams working fine but if someone could help to find a solution in order to have my folder fichiers containing all workspace at the same level as the pydio installation folder (as shown on the structure picture on my first post).

Many thanks.

Hi,
yes the AJXP_DATA_PATH is a default one, so i guess that’s a rights issue, what you need to do is give rights to your webserver to the folders that you want to use,
if you’re on a linux you can use chown -R www-data:www-data <path to the folder>

and even tho you’re using auto-create could manually create the folder to ensure that it’s not the issue( don’t forget to give it the rights)

tho you’re using auto-create could manually create the folder to ensure that it’s not the issue

It’s not. Definitly Pydio can write in data folder but can’t write in a folder at the same level that the pydio installation folder.

linux you can use chown -R www-data:www-data

It’s not a local server but my domain hosts by my provider (Yulpa.com), so I can’t…

I think that the solution goes through .htaccess line to add somewhere… but whichone and where… Is there someone to help me in that?

Hi,
i did some reading about the .htaccess and i think you have to create the file in your workspace,
here’s a link that could help you get a better understanding about it.

Hi Zayn,

Thanks for .htaccess Guide web site. I read many pages on it, but to be honnest it’s a bit complex and I won’t find a specific cristal clear answer… combine to the language barrier it makes that I can’t apply my proper Do-It-Yourself quality on a touchy subject that links to the security of my website without the help of someone with a good knowledge.

Unfortunaltly the new pydio forum seems less active than before and Charles have probably less time than before. I tried to find help on my provider forum too, but that’s the same way, less collaborative help than before as they changed from associative to commercial status… The volunteers left… That’s life.

Thanks to you Zayn anyway as you did your best to help me.

Hi there,
sorry to hear that,
don’t worry it’s not a big deal .htaccess files are not that hard to understand, what you can do is read one of the guides that i will provide you, if you still didn’t understand how they work i will try to help you make one to understand it and then you will be able to do it for every folder of your choice.

by the way when i suggested you to use linux commands i thought that you had ssh access to your server.

Hi Zayn,
Sorry for the delay of my reply, but I didn’t plan to have to reinstall my Pydio and I spent munch more time than I expect on it :slight_smile:

I do read the links that you gave me but didn’t find the “magic” command that would allow my pydio to access to the parent folder.

Thanks trying to help me.