Cells SSHFS as STORAGE

Hi there, some of you have tested sshfs with a storage – looks like it’s not working.
Using sshfs -o allow_other root@deb64-xxx:/home/storage-cells test-sshfs/

Creating Folders is OK on the storage, but it does not appear the web GUI.
Uploading files fails.

hi,
Please make sure that you have datasource in subfolder

Hi, it is.
~/.config/pydio/cells/data/storage

/.config/pydio/cells/data/storage$ tree
├── test
│ └── recycle_bin
└── test-sshfs
└── HELLO

Hi Stef, as far as I remember you will have to manually sync the datasource through the GUI

settings >> storage >> {your data source} >> RE-SYNCHRONIZE

or by running

cells-ctl data sync [options]

from the command line. Both will perform a one-shot sync only.

/Falk

Hi Falk, it looks like the file .pydio file can not be created in the directory where the sshfs is mounted.

Event “Create Hidden File for folder”
Service pydio.grpc.data.sync.sshfs

Certainly a bug :frowning:

Hi Stef, if this is the case it’s not a bug but how Cells DS work. The parent directory of the data store root must be writable by the user running cells. So, if /data /sshfs is your data store, then /data must be writable by the user running cells (a directory called .minio.sys will be created in /data). You may want to create this directory on your own with proper permissions to work around this requirement.

However, files placed into a data store manually will not be synced automatically. You will always have to manually initiate a re-sync.

Cheers,
Falk

Hi Falk, cells is running with the user account stef

data source is located /mnt/sshfs/
drwxr-xr-x 4 stef stef 4096 Jun 12 16:49 mnt
drwxr-xr-x 3 stef stef 4096 Jun 13 12:06 /mnt/sshfs

sshfs mount is located /mnt/sshfs/storage

root@deb64dev-stef:/mnt/sshfs# cat /proc/mounts |grep cells
root@deb64-jessie:/home/storage-cells /mnt/sshfs/storage fuse.sshfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other 0 0

What is strange is that the directory .minio.sys is not created when we have a sshfs mount inside the data source -> /mnt/sshfs

cells.log gives
ContentType":“application/json”,“HttpProtocol”:“HTTP/1.1”}
{“level”:“error”,“ts”:“2019-06-13T12:22:17+02:00”,“logger”:“pydio.grpc.tasks”,“msg”:“cannot run action actions.cmd.resync: {“id”:”",“code”:0,“detail”:“unknown service \u003cnil\u003e”,“status”:""}",“OperationUuid”:“resync-ds-testsshfs-8719ba38”,“SpanRootUuid”:“1ea4d007-8dc5-11e9-ba26-005056ad8f72”,“SpanParentUuid”:“1ea4d007-8dc5-11e9-ba26-005056ad8f72”,“SpanUuid”:“1eaaa233-8dc5-11e9-99da-005056ad8f72”,“OperationUuid”:“resync-ds-testsshfs-8719ba38”,“RemoteAddress”:“10.70.52.254”,“UserAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Safari/605.1.15”,“ContentType”:“application/json”,“HttpProtocol”:“HTTP/1.1”}

When I resynchronise the data source

Doing the same without a sshfs mount is OK, I got the .minio.sys folder @…/…/
root@deb64dev-stef:/mnt# l
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 6 stef stef 4096 Jun 13 12:28 .minio.sys
drwxr-xr-x 3 stef stef 4096 Jun 13 12:06 sshfs

Is why I think something goes wrong with cells and sshfs …

Cheers,

Hey all,

I have played around with putting my Cells storage on a sshfs mount as well, but no luck here either. I’m getting the feeling that my around 5 MB/s to rsync.net is not quite fast enough for Cells.
Did anyone have more luck?

Greetings
Joe