Cells 2.0 - Error while applying modifiers to registry

Why am I receiving the errors below when bringing up a new container with an existing install? On a side note, cells has been the most frustrating install/configuration using docker of the numerous service applications using docker that I have installed. I do not know if it is because of the design or the testing but I’ve encountered many configuration issues.

The following is the relevant part of the compose file:
services:
cells:
container_name: pydio
image: pydio/cells:2.0.0
restart: on-failure:5
volumes:
- ./data:/var/cells/data
- ./cellsdir:/var/cells
- /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
- ./ssl/server.pem:/root/ssl/ssl.cert
- ./ssl/server.key:/root/ssl/ssl.key
networks:
- back
environment:
- CELLS_BIND={URL}:{PORT}
- CELLS_EXTERNAL={URL}:{PORT}
- CELLS_NO_SSL=0
- CELLS_SSL_CERT_FILE=/root/ssl/ssl.cert
- CELLS_SSL_KEY_FILE=/root/ssl/ssl.key
ports:
- “{PORT}:{PORT}”

The following are the errors:

pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:06.864Z INFO pydio.gateway.proxy Restart done
pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:09.646Z ERROR Error while applying modifiers to registry! {“error”: “{“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:500,“detail”:“none available”,“status”:“Internal Server Error”}”}
pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:09.749Z ERROR Frontend Service Not Detected
pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:14.127Z ERROR Error while applying modifiers to registry! {“error”: “{“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:500,“detail”:“none available”,“status”:“Internal Server Error”}”}
pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:14.231Z ERROR Frontend Service Not Detected
pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:16.710Z ERROR Error while applying modifiers to registry! {“error”: “{“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:500,“detail”:“none available”,“status”:“Internal Server Error”}”}
pydio | 2019-12-06T23:18:16.813Z ERROR Frontend Service Not Detected

Hello @alpha23,

The frontend error should be normal behaviour at the beginning (it is starting all the services).

Do you have the errors still appear after?

The services do not come up. The errors above are exhibited. Has the container been tested under the following conditions?

1. Existing install, existing data, new database
  2. New install, existing data, existing database
  3. Existing install, existing data, existing database

For existing installs, the application should not reinstall the database, if it exists or overwrite data. For a new install with existing data and database, the application should only reinstall the require app files.

Please advise.

Please advise. If the container has not been tested under at least the above conditions, users could face data loss and/or incur substantial difficulty getting the application to a known good state.

Hello @alpha23,

The container install checks if you already have a pydio.json file (which contains the configuration of the db, datasource, …)

Therefore it is best if you have a volume for the config and data, then when you run a new container it should use the same configuration file (pydio.json) and connect to the database where your files are installed.

(The container should act as just a simple Cells binary) and everything else should be a volume.

Per my initial post, I do have a volume for config and data. See my compose config above which includes:

volumes:

• ./data:/var/cells/data
  • ./cellsdir:/var/cells

While the code may appear check the conditions you mentioned, has the following been tested?

1. Existing install, existing data, new database
  2. New install, existing data, existing database
  3. Existing install, existing data, existing database

Please advise. The same error in the original post is exhibited when instantiated new services with existing volumes.