Automated user permission management

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to automate user management using the api with the go sdk. I’m able to create a user without any problems. The issue comes when I want to set the permissions on a specific workspace. I would like to have a set of subfolders and give users only access to one or more of those folders. Sadly the api documentation doesn’t tell me what I would have to put into the body. So, instead I tried to create a user in the web UI and then read the users data through the api. But I can’t figure out where the permissions are stored. Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Seb

I believe I’ve found what I’m looking for. The ACL service shows all the permissions I can set in the browser. But it also shows more actions like “recycle_root” and “workspace-path”. I guess recycle_root is whether the recycling bin feature is active for that workspace but I haven’t tested it yet, so I’m not certain.

I’ve created a workspace through the API and it is being returned when I get all workspaces, but I cannot see it in the admin UI, so I’m still missing something somewhere. If anyone has a guide on how to do what I’m trying to do (or something similar), that would be really handy!

I was able to figure out what I had to do. By opening the browser devtools and taking a look at the network traffic while creating folders, users and workspaces in the browser, combined with a get on all users, nodes, workspaces, acl using the sdk before and after, I managed to build a working solution.

This topic was automatically closed 11 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.