There was a timeout while serving the request

Hello,

Our company currently using pydio cells community edition. Sometimes our employee’s cannot connect to the pydio cells. They were received below message from server. The server performance is okay.

The message : There was a timeout while serving the request.

Br,
Nasanbuyan

Hello,

and what does the server log say ?

Hi bsinou,

I am sorry for late reply. I had restarted service when this problem occurred. Now i face this problem again.

In the cells log there is something exceeded depended on policy.

ERROR pydio.rest.frontend Ladon validation failed: {“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:408,“detail”:“context deadline exceeded - Request was PolicyEngineService.IsAllowed on pydio.grpc.policy - Micro-registry had node(s) : [x.x.x.x:37038]”,“status”:“Request Timeout”} {“error”: “{“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:408,“detail”:“context deadline exceeded - Request was PolicyEngineService.IsAllowed on pydio.grpc.policy - Micro-registry had node(s) : [x.x.x.x:37038]”,“status”:“Request Timeout”}”}

I increased number of allowed open files to 4096. Is this error happened with this ulimit ?

There are a few distinct issues here:

I increased number of allowed open files to 4096. Is this error happened with this ulimit ?

Probably not but 4096 is still low for a production server

The message : There was a timeout while serving the request.

and

ERROR pydio.rest.frontend Ladon validation failed: {“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:408,“detail”:“context deadline exceeded - Request was PolicyEngineService.IsAllowed on pydio.grpc.policy - Micro-registry had node(s) : [x.x.x.x:37038]”,“status”:“Request Timeout”} {“error”: “{“id”:“go.micro.client”,“code”:408,“detail”:“context deadline exceeded - Request was PolicyEngineService.IsAllowed on pydio.grpc.policy - Micro-registry had node(s) : [x.x.x.x:37038]”,“status”:“Request Timeout”}”}

are not the same error but usually indicate that you have performance issues.

What is your OS, your DB, the size of your machine, your number of users and the version of the server you use ?

And also, we improved greatly performances in the new 2.2 version, so you might also give a try on a test server (or after proper backup) that could also solve your problem with no resizing of your server.

This topic was automatically closed 35 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.