Returning server is starting because grpc.oauth monitor is not Up

For first post, please answer the questions below!

Describe your issue in detail

The computer on which I installed Pydio cells was restarted because of a power failure, and after that, I saw some issues, like Home not loading recent files and file activity not showing details, but other things working fine.
Since I haven’t upgraded in a while I copied the cells working directory and database according to the guide on the website, I stopped cells service while taking backup after starting cells, and the above issue started to appear.
Returning server is starting because grpc.oauth monitor is not Up

I tried to upgrade cells from a terminal, and it upgraded successfully, but I still see the same warning on the service log and couldn’t log in to my account.

What version of Cells are you using?

The latest one, 4.4.4

What is the server OS? Database name/version? Browser name or mobile device description (if the issue appears client-side)?

Fedora server 39
MariaDB 10.5.25
Firefox 128

What steps have you taken to resolve this issue already?

Tried restarting cells and check logs

Here is the detailed log
https://paste.centos.org/view/190368ae

@bsinou @charles
please help the instance is down and many clients are complaining right now, such an issue has happened once and I couldn’t fix it so I reinstalled it by removing the /var/cells directory but now I can afford to lose the data.

I have just checked the logs and I think this one is the reason behind it

pydio.server.manager        ✗There was an error while starting:server.Start grpc: service.Start pydio.grpc.activity: leveldb: manifest corrupted (field 'comparer'): missing [file=MANIFEST-000374]

hmmm, did you remove /var/cells ???

Thank you for replying.

No it is still there, I even take back of that in /home/pydio/backups

try to recursively removing the following directories, then restart. it’s a file-persisted queue mechanism, should not impact your data.

/var/cells/services/pydio.grpc.search/fifo-search/
/var/cells/services/pydio.grpc.tasks/fifo-*
/var/cells/services/pydio.grpc.activity/fifo-changes

1 Like

Oh my goodness @charles
Thank you a million times, I was really worried and you saved me. Thank you so much
I really wish if I could understood what is causing such things and permanently prevent such issues.

good to know it solved ! if it all started with a power failure, let’s bet it will not happen so often :wink:

1 Like

I have installed Pydio Cells on Fedora which is running on VMWare. Windows Server waits for the VM to shut down and it takes time I don’t why, and before the shutdown, our UPS will go off, I think that’s what causing this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 11 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.