Issues upgrading from Cell v1 to v2

Since upgrading from v1 to v2, the login page and user homepage logos have disappeared, when trying to re-upload them using the console > plugin > Client plugin interface, it fails and we get this from the cells.log

2020-02-17T15:59:59.531Z ERROR pydio.rest.frontend Error while deleting in s3 global_binaries.2195324b-895.png {“error”: “The specified bucket does not exist”}
2020-02-17T15:59:59.531Z ERROR pydio.rest.frontend Error while deleting existing binary {“Node”: {“Path”: “pydio-binaries/global_binaries.2195324b-895.png”}, “error”: “The specified bucket does not exist”}
2020-02-17T15:59:59.545Z ERROR pydio.rest.frontend Rest Error 500 {“error”: “The specified bucket does not exist”}

Previously, in v1, the images for those were in a binaries folder and not pydio-binaries, please advise on what can be done to fix it.

Thanks,

Yannick

Hello @YannickGagnon,

So the errors seems to point that the default binaries bucket does not exist.
(binaries is a folder that contains the assets like the custom images)

• Did you by any chance modify the default datasources settings?
  • Could you also take a look at your pydio.json and look for this
"services": {
    "pydio.docstore-binaries": {
      "bucket": "binaries",
      "datasource": "default"
    },
    },

By the way for a default installation the data folder should look like this

➜  Pydio tree cells/data
cells/data
├── binaries
├── cellsdata
├── personal
│   ├── admin
├── pydiods1
├── thumbs
└── versions

Could you compare with your tree.

Hey @zayn , my pydio.json is indeed configured like yours and yet it searches in Pydio-binaries, any idea?

Just so you know, I did about 4 upgrades one after the other. restarting the service every time.

I created a symlink for the pydio-binaries and it still fails, wonder where its looking for it:

pydio@transfer2:~/.config/pydio/cells$ tree data/
data/
├── binaries
│ ├── global_binaries.59ae2231-36f.png
│ ├── global_binaries.9c2a483d-b07.png
│ └── global_binaries.9d698d04-226.png
├── cellsdata
├── personal
├── pydio-binaries -> binaries
├── pydiods1
│ └── recycle_bin
├── thumbs
│ ├── 01c84cae-6452-45c4-9260-0847b9c10df1-256.jpg
│ ├── 01c84cae-6452-45c4-9260-0847b9c10df1-512.jpg
└── versions

9 directories, 31 files

Thanks,
Yannick

Hey @YannickGagnon ,

Would you mind sharing your pydio.json, more specifically the datasource part, I would like to see the full configuration of your datasources.

Hey @zayn, could you be more specific as of what part you wanna see? Perhaps you could tell me the path within Pydio.json of what you require to troubleshoot. Since there is no “datasource” per say root element.

Thanks,

Hello @YannickGagnon,

I would like to see the lines that show the datasource settings it should look like this,
(between l:122 - 207)
https://pastebin.com/F9RVFWxx

I want to the paths, peerAddresses among other things.

Make sure to hide sensitive data if you have to, but there should be not sensitive data in those lines.

Hey @zayn, here you go

https://pastebin.com/0kAYZHwr

The only special thing I did was to setup for every data files to be stored on a mounted drive which can be resize easily.

Thanks,

Sorry for reviving this moribund topic… but I have the exact issue, and while I’m quite sure it has to do with the way the folders are organised, I need some idea to figure out how they are supposed to look like (@zayn’s pastebin has expired).

To @YannickGagnon — I can detect some inconsistency between, say, the personal bucket, which has a relative path ("folder": "/datastore/pydio-data/personal"), while the pydiods1 bucket has an absolute path ("folder": "/home/pydio/.config/pydio/cells/data/pydiods1"). I’m not sure that this can be configured that way; AFAIK, all paths mentioned here have to be absolute.

Alas! In my own case, all my paths are absolute, all are pointing to the correct place, but none are being found by cellsall throw the infamous “error”: “The specified bucket does not exist”, and, as a consequence, I can’t even log in to fix the configuration… when I switch over to the Cells Console menu option (my.server.name/settings), this is what I get:

While this is interesting by itself (in the sense that it shows that the Console/Settings is just another folder, rendered differently) it’s not really very helpful…