Custom installation

Hi,
in the guide over here: Cells Installation | Pydio there are very little instructions on how to install pydio. The thing it, it says one needs to create a separate user so that it can run internal web server on linux box. I however don’t want that, I already have my own web server (apache2) running, I don’t want another one. Also I have no idea what the install script does. It would be nice to have some custom install guide and some explanation in installation steps.

Thanks!

Hello @Betalord,

If you want to keep your own webserver, one way of doing this would be to add a reverse proxy config on your main webserver (apache2) which will redirect to cells.

You can find more information on apache + cells in our knowledge base, https://pydio.com/en/docs/kb/deployment/running-cells-behind-apache-reverse-proxy

Hm, OK. A bit complicated, and not well documented. I switched to NextCloud Files in meantime. Thanks for the reply though, might help someone else as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.